1. Things are not always as bad as we think they will be. It was not really that bad running in the wind, the snow, and the freezing cold. Oh, I also lost my ipod, so I ran without music. Again, not that bad.
2. The first step is the hardest. I was getting a chuckle listening to my self talk try to change my mind to not get out.
3. Don’t give up. At the beginning of my run, when I was chilly, I was thinking of turning around and cutting my run short. I pushed through it anyways. Didn’t take me long to warm up, and I ran what I set out to run.
4. Be prepared. I knew the elements outside, so I bundled up. 2 sets of socks and gloves, 3 layers on my legs and 3 sweaters. Moisturizing cream on the face to protect my face from the wind.
5. Pain vs pleasure association. The pleasure I get from running outweighed the pain. It gives me a big energy boost in my day, it inspires others, and I get a big sense of accomplishment.